publishing date ofDecember issue

If you would like advice from the Kitchen Garden editorial team, ask here. Steve, Emma or Tony will pop in with their best advice.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Pa Snip
KG Regular

I now sow fresh parsnip seed only. In the past I have found that even if the packet is unopened the germination rate is often very low once the seed is past its first year.
Could go into more detail but that would be deviating from the original thread subject.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Colin2016
KG Regular

Mine has arrived, so time to put kettle on stick up the "Do Not distrube" sign.
Primrose
KG Regular

That's interesting. Hadn't checked the packet sow date. Are they supposed to have a longer life if the packet hasn't been opened I wonder?
Pa Snip
KG Regular

no primrose if opened shorter, shown is max if unopened I believe

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've had good germination for three years from a packet of pelleted parsnip seed. It has reduced slightly each year, but I've still had a good crop. I've just opened my new magazine and have two packets of parsnip seed, so won't be going short next year.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

TWO !!!!!!!!!

Westi
KG Regular

I got parsnip & ruby chard Pa! :o

Westi!
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Westi wrote:I got parsnip & ruby chard Pa! :o

Westi!

I must be on short rations :D

Someone in the packing department is very perceptive, we don't like chard (well the town in Somerset is ok)

OscarSidcup
KG Regular

How very odd to read the January issue when it is only November.
Nothing wrong, just saying.
Feels like I missed Christmas 'n all though.
Nature is simply amazing
Instagram: @frankinkent
Pa Snip
KG Regular

OscarSidcup wrote:How very odd to read the January issue when it is only November.
Feels like I missed Christmas 'n all though.

Bonus Oscar,

Think of all the money KG has saved you, and the discomfort of overeating sprouts

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic