My new favourite flower

If you're just starting out in the world of kitchen garden growing, then this is the place to ask for help. Our experienced forum members may have the answer you need!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

........and I'm definitely growing these again - Tithonia. They really stand out in the borders.
Attachments
Tithonia.jpg
Tithonia.jpg (629.01 KiB) Viewed 8802 times
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Diane!

I'm not good at flowers at all (& some veg) but that looks like it is glowing! Like it, & jotted it in my garden note book! Thanks!
Westi
Diane
KG Regular

Thank you Westi - they grew really easily from seed. I've got them growing up through the shrubs, as they are quite tall and seem to flower right at the ends of the branches.
Westi
KG Regular

Good for the bees I would expect as well with the centre exposed so they can just bath in the pollen.
Westi
NigelDean
KG Regular

Is it bad if I overwater them?
I've heard some book of ra play positive reviews lately. You can find them right there. I liked them a lot. I hope to read more.
Diane
KG Regular

Yes, it would be bad to overwater them - but, saying that, I grew them in the flower borders this year and we had some really sodden rainfilled days, and they really thrived, so I think they're a quite forgiving annual. They'll die off in the winter and you'll need to resow seeds in the spring. That's what I do. I've saved some of the seeds from this summer's flowers and I'll sow them in the spring and hopefully some will germinate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic