Roquito chilli pepper pearls - ?

If you're just starting out in the world of kitchen garden growing, then this is the place to ask for help. Our experienced forum members may have the answer you need!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

chilliking
KG Regular

I know these as Biquinho chilli peppers and have grown several plants this year from seeds found on Amazon, although they are from the yellow variety there's not much difference in taste.

hope this helps
chilliking
KG Regular

I believe their 'Latin name' Biquinho peppers seeds can be found online I got some off amazon and have grown several healthy plants with lots of fruit.

hope this helps
JuneL
KG Regular

Hi , I have been searching online to buy these and it seems that a company called The Cornwall Hamper company sells them. Good luck.
JonNolan
KG Regular

Can hardly wait to plant these rare seeds!
I think the best way to start playing funky-fruits-slot-com is this place. For sure, this link can't make anyone wrong. My experience can come in handy there. That's for sure
SussexChap123
KG Regular

Just an addition to this thread - found some seeds for sale on Amazon - type Viridis Hortus - Biquinho Red (Pearl Peppers) (10) Fruit / Vegetable Seeds in Amazon search to locate link
jeff64
KG Regular

Talking of chillies i had a christmas present of a day out for two to a chilli growing workshop, I expect to go in a couple of months time, I will ask some questions on the pearls and let people know if it helps.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Johnson seeds have the Brazilian variety Biquino Red this year and it sounds like the one we've been talking about. It is described as being small, sweet, fruity and mild. The fruits are prolific and freeze well when ripe. It is featured in today's gardening section in the Telegraph.
Geoff
KG Regular

We were given a packet of South Devon Chilli Farm Biquino seeds. They have not grown as well as some of my others but we now have quite a bit of ripe fruit. Did you find a recipe for preserving them like the commercial bottled ones, we've never seen them in he shops to see if the ingredients list gives any clues.
JuneL
KG Regular

I am off down to St Ives for a couple of weeks and will enquire about the Roquito peppers at the restaurant where I first had them . They were delicious . They probably buy them in bulk but I may get some tips from them.
Westi
KG Regular

Share their secret if they process themselves & don't get them in bulk prepared. Maybe they buy off the Devon Chilli Farm?
Westi
JuneL
KG Regular

The Cornwall Hamper Company sell these peppers £12.75 for 739g. Use within a month of opening and they don’t recommend freezing them. That’s a lot of peppers in a month.Westi- I will share any info I can find.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic