Help with herbs please.

If you're just starting out in the world of kitchen garden growing, then this is the place to ask for help. Our experienced forum members may have the answer you need!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

We're giving them the benefit of our commitment by paying up front but we have to play their game.

I found a number of excuses, In one case that their supplier hadn't delivered but they only rustled up the excuse after I chased the order. Something quite wrong here, accepting our cash with the order creates a contract that at the time of the order they can't complete.

It isn't difficult to take the card detail and charge on the day the courier picks up, also, i'm starting to pay by PayPal. They have a system where you pay after delivery. Order I placed today are scheduled to be paid for on the 23rd of this month, before PayPal debit your account they send you an invoice that you can stop because you haven't taken delivery. Presumably.

It's time we did something to stop this.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Geoff
KG Regular

I've had a go by replying to their email.

Thanks for that information. I hope they do grow from such a late start, it will be interesting to compare them with the runners from my existing variety that I have already planted out.

Can I make representation that you amend your commercial policy. I, and many others, much prefer to deal with suppliers who only take payment at (or possibly just before) despatch. Taking payment on 11th July then not despatching until mid-late September is unreasonable.

These were ordered from a KG offer. Many of the KG offers are from DT Brown. Perhaps KG could make the above commercial arrangement part of their offers arrangement with DTB?

Anybody else had trouble with any of these offers?
Geoff
KG Regular

New month same situation order still says "Pending Fulfillment"

I'd steer clear of these KG / DT Brown special offers if I was you.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I'm not going to get trapped Geoff, if there is anything I want i'll ask if it's in stock and ready to go. If it isn't i'll wait until it is and i'm making more effort to use my garden centre if it's possible.

Two plants Marshalls stuffed me with was lemon grass and horseradish. Both ordered and paid for over two months in advance then I got an e-mail to say they didn't have any horseradish or lemon grass and would I like a credit or my money back. The money back took a month.

I have two inches of marjoram growth, three of the four mints you sent me are showing half inch of growth and the fourth whilst slow is sprouting.

I have just pulled the roots of my tarragon out of the pot's, it didn't look good and after some reading it appears tarragon likes light-sandy soil and hates pots. I'm keeping it in pot's over winter. Four of the roots that I gave a serious haircut and re-potted are throwing healthy new shoots so i'm a little more confident, the last two roots I have split. I'm not very confident splitting roots unless it's a really enthusiastic plant.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
FelixLeiter
KG Regular

Ricard with an H wrote:I have just pulled the roots of my tarragon out of the pot's, it didn't look good and after some reading it appears tarragon likes light-sandy soil and hates pots. I'm keeping it in pot's over winter. Four of the roots that I gave a serious haircut and re-potted are throwing healthy new shoots so i'm a little more confident, the last two roots I have split. I'm not very confident splitting roots unless it's a really enthusiastic plant.

I've not heard of tarragon not liking growing in pots before. I've certainly succeeded with it grown in containers. Me, I wouldn't be encouraging new growth and I certainly wouldn't be splitting it right now but in late winter, in anticipation of new growth which, with tarragon, appears very early. Tarragon needs to go dormant if it is to prevail through the winter. I'd be keeping it just moist, tucked away in a cold frame or cold greenhouse, anywhere away from the worst of the winter weather — maybe somewhere where you can't see because yes, they do get tatty.
Allotment, but little achieved.
Geoff
KG Regular

We have today sent the items detailed below on your order 2007604 with DT Brown Seeds.
Hurrah - but I might be back moaning about the quality in a few days!
Geoff
KG Regular

My 12 misted tip Malling Centenary Strawberries ordered and paid for in July finally arrived today. They look quite nice plants so maybe DT Brown have redeemed themselves. Here are 6 of them - the white board is 14" high.

IMG_2951_R.jpg
IMG_2951_R.jpg (207.13 KiB) Viewed 4584 times
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

All's well that ends well. Eh.

Now is the time for them to e-mail you an invoice with a debit date from your card rather than expecting money-up-front from us and we have to hope-and-pray the goods arrive.
Richard.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

It's a bit like a well known large electrical retailer who took your money and then you waited 3 months for the said item to rock up in a container from goodness knows where...

Any way they do look nice well rooted plants. Hope they do well.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Motherwoman wrote:Any way they do look nice well rooted plants. Hope they do well.

They look so nice I started to wonder where I might plant strawberries and what sort of defence from Molly stealing them I would need. I don't have problems with rabbits and deer, mostly birds haven't bothered anything i've grown. It's that little black-and-tan four legged friend on mine.

She would love strawberries and I hate the idea of cages around everything, hmmm, maybe.
Richard.
peter
KG Regular

Another use for your ex-met? :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

:D I have already covered my cabbages with the stuff, she likes cabbage stalks, and to be honest looking at what the online retailers charge for cloche type enclosures exmet is good value. I have yet to cover it with fleece.

My carefully designed KG-raised-bed plot is starting to look like a Normandy beach 1942 and I just caught the little baxxxxtard trying to dig under the exmet covering the carrots.

It did make me smile.
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic