Tomato Tropical Ruby

If you've found the information on the seed packet to be sadly lacking, this is the place to find out more, or add your comments!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Colin Miles
KG Regular

Just been sowing a few seeds of this very useful plum tomato from Marshalls. As well as being very vigorous - if allowed to bush a little in the greenhouse or grown as a bush outdoors you will have many trusses - the flavour is very good even compared with Gardeners Delight which is my other staple variety. But what is really special is that continues growing well in Sept/Oct, given reasonable conditions and that at the end of the season in Oct/Nov or even December, unripe tomatoes will ripen off the plant with very little loss of flavour - even quite small ones. The reason for this is, I think, that it has a relatively thick skin for it's size. The only down-side that I find is that in very hot weather in the greenhouse it has a slight tendency to greenback.
Beryl
KG Regular

I grow this one outside on the lottie Colin and like you can highly recommend it. I have fruits well into December that have been picked for at least months. I just leave them in a bowl or tray in the kitchen.
They stay firm and juicy.

Beryl.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic