Green fleece

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

hilary
KG Regular

I was wondering what experience anyone has had with shading a green house with green fleece. Having moved here to Suffolk in the autumn and now in proud possession of a 22ft greenhouse, shading will be an issue. Loathed to paint white, and have read that green fleece can be used but I was wondering just how successful it is. It will look better from the house, being right next door to the conservatory and hopefully easily attached to a metal frame work.
Any ideas, comments?

Thanks
Hilary
Pa Snip
KG Regular

These types of shading work perfectly well in my experience ( sorry, I've been lazy and posted entire page of link)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=green ... 44&bih=669

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
hilary
KG Regular

Thanks Pa Snip -
definitely will go down the route of netting not fleece. Just need the sun to shine now!

Hilary
retropants
KG Regular

I use that green netting too, has to be the dense type. works very well. (I am lazy, and peg it to the outside!)
Primrose
KG Regular

Well many of the manufacturers of those mini plastic greenhouses seea green coloured plastic cover so I guess they would have experimented with that, rather than a white version, before putting them on the market, to ensure they didn't have an adverse effect on the plants inside them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic