Wonderwall

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Anyone got one of these net covered tunnels? What's your feedback?

I'd dearly love a poly tunnel but with the site in jeopardy it's something to wait for until there is some idea where we will be re-located. I've bought one of those cheaper plastic tunnels which just blew away over the hedgerow nearly taking my neighbor with it, but thought maybe with a net covering this would be more stable.

It's designed for brassicas which is good as they use up all my environmesh with separate beds, so could put them all together in a fair sized Wonderwall. I'm assuming it is also easily movable to enable rotation so anything you can tell me would be great.

Thanks in advance, Vicki
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Westi, i'm not a great lover of any of these flimsy structures, as i have seen so many blown about and broken in the first year of purchase.
So saying that, i don't really know how it would stand up to having netting on, but it would still sustain a fair amount of wind pressure.

So not really an answer, but more of my thoughts.

Vicky ehh, funny knowing someones proper name after such a long time and such a nice name too.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Very interested to see the winner of the Passionate Plotter in this months magazine has 2 of these. (Unfortunately a typo & called Wonder World), but that is the baby I would like. It's on my Xmas list but for the whole family to contribute together, then I'll just top up the difference.

Will keep those pesky cabbage whites away & apparently they are easy to move so no problem with rotation either, and should protect from wind rock as well.

Very Excited!
Westi
Westi
robo
KG Regular

We bought a 4meter x 2meter pollytunnels off amazon it cost us £78 around three years ago I've had to patch it up a bit mainly through gale force winds in winter but it is still standing for the price I don't think you can knock them I thought at the time I bought it if it lasted three years I would be happy this is it's fourth winter
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic