Repairing enviromesh

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Oh-hell. I do wish you were closer to me so I could help.

The problem is stopping the Aquasure falling through, tape it at the back to hold the glue in place, don't put too much on so it has a tendency to fall through then tape over the top and let it cure.

Sewing is an option but it's difficult if you have limited space to spread the fabric out and I only did this with new fabric. Old fabric gets crinkled so is going to be difficult to lay flat under a sewing machine.

Did you clean the fabric around the repair area then let it dry ?

I've tried Aquasure on lots of materials, the only thing it will not stick too is silicon rubber or anything that has silicon on it. Otherwise it sticks like poo as long as you can manage the pre-curing period by controlling it.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Beryl
KG Regular

Ricard, Yes I did try the Aqua sure with a piece of the Duck tape either side to stop it seeping through and it really didn't hold very firm. As with the PVA I am sure once wet it will come drift. No idea what hot sun would do as well.

I think hand sewing would work on a small hole but as I said I have so many holes not worth the time and effort. Maybe an experienced machinist with more patience could cope but not me.

Thanks again.

Beryl.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic