Early Blackbird fledgling

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've had a lovely afternoon digging the last four beds over accompanied by a pair of blackbirds and a tiny fledgling, plus a Robin, dunnocks feeding very noisy nestlings, and a wren having a singing competition with a coal tit.
robo
KG Regular

We used to have a blackbirds that came for quite a few years feeding on the pond food it was instantly recognizable as it top beak was broken , it was a proper character if there was no food on the pond it would come and tap on the patio doors not seen it for over a year think it must have succumbed last winter
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

It's nice to see the regulars that you can recognise coming back each year. They usually have some problem or strange markings that make them stand out. We've had a wood pigeon with a droopy wing that he trails on the floor coming here for at least five years. He had a girl friend when we first saw him but the sparrowhawk killed her so he's not had much luck. I hadn't seen him for a while and wondered if he'd got through the winter, but he is back and was strolling round the garden in the snow storm yesterday evening.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I hope the Blackbirds had their feathers well puffed up last night.....i can remember my old next door neighbour telling me, that one year we had a lot of snow in early April and all the Young blackbirds died in their nests.....He was one of those country folk that seemed to know where every nest (or anything to do with wildlife really), was. I still miss the old boy!!!!

Swallows are back in the stable, bet they wished they had waited another week, after the last couple of days here.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic