"the cat did it!"

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Marigold
KG Regular

So last week in a harsh northerly gale, I am trying to close the back door against the wind, and one of the cats decides she wants out.. Not allowed this one, so I bend down fast to arrest here, And the door slams, banging the handle on my eyebrow. OUCH! And a huge egg comes up.. so cold compress time and I am relieved it was not any lower as a black eye would look terrible,,,, A day or so later ( I only bother with a mirror when I am going out) I glanced in the glass and to my horror there is the biggest black eye you ever saw. Apparently we bruise more dramatically when we are old,... The shops were .. interesting. The checkout staff glanced, then studiously looked away.. the old man in line before me stared at me, dropped his bag " WHO DID THAT TO YE?".... I was chatting to folk much of the day ( went to Dingle in a snowstorm) and could see folk itching to ask but not liking to be personal.. NB the cat did NOT get out so is forgiven... Half way down my cheek the bruising is now...fading a little thankfully from its high drama,
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Come on girl, we need a photo.

Over the years I had several black-eyes from various incidents though never from a fist or head-butt but each and every concerned questioner always says, "Who did that to you"

Thanks for sharing, let's see it.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Marigold
KG Regular

Ricard with an H wrote:Come on girl, we need a photo.

Over the years I had several black-eyes from various incidents though never from a fist or head-butt but each and every concerned questioner always says, "Who did that to you"

Thanks for sharing, let's see it.

NO WAY! I was longing for the chance to say, " You should see the other guy!" but it never happened. It was watching faces as we chatted knowing they were longing to ask but too polite! All I can say is thankful for eyebrows! Had it been an inch lower.. one of the lever type handles..
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Oh-ok then, I understand. How about I tell another cat story, this is about cat-attack.

A few years ago we were up on the north-east coast of Scotland at a place called Dornoch. We're staying in our motorhome amongst the sand dunes so I can enjoy the water sport whilst my lady and our dog walked into town and encountered a spitting cat on the way. Both she and our dog pooped thier pants and ran but the cat chased them and sunk it's teeth into her ankle. The dog escaped.

Scary but true, obviously a full blooded Scot-cat with a dislike for tourists or maybe anyone south of the border and possibly playing the pipes whilst watching the retreat.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Monika
KG Regular

A few years ago, a young woman assistant at a bookshop which I used to frequent, had a distinct black mark under her eye. Trying to be helpful, I said "Excuse me, I think your mascara has smudged", to which she replied, "No, it's a black eye". No further explanation and I felt a real twit.
Pawty
KG Regular

I was sat at a table on a beach in Egypt just tucking into a pizza. A little furry little face appeared opposite me, to which I said ' how cute'. Next thing I knew a claw reached across the table, grabbed the whole pizza and ran down the beach .... I wouldn't have minded but it was a vegetarian pizza - and I had to pay for it!
Marigold
KG Regular

Last two posts are hilarious! One of my family saw a video of a cat defending its owner against two dobermans.. Took their faces off... and if you ask youtube for cat crocodile... My biggest cat is a total wuss.. weighs two stone but runs away when challenged by the new cats.
alan refail
KG Regular

How are they with cucumbers, Marigold?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRp7ezUqbI
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Pawty
KG Regular

Mine react exactly the same to courgettes ..... Which is a bit of a promlem when you have an allotment and bring a basket of 10 home every day from June to September ..... :lol:
Marigold
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:How are they with cucumbers, Marigold?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRp7ezUqbI

For the laughter, thank you! Interesting that when it was cut one ate it. Alas I cannot eat cucumber so my cats will go unmolested...
Marigold
KG Regular

Was wondering why cucumbers terrified the cats until someone who lives where there are snakes said that they do look like snakes. Their cats ¨alarm"at the sight of a snake just like the ones on the film...
alan refail
KG Regular

Marigold wrote:Was wondering why cucumbers terrified the cats until someone who lives where there are snakes said that they do look like snakes. Their cats ¨alarm"at the sight of a snake just like the ones on the film...

Not all cats :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwtxcWVhAWI
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Marigold
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:
Marigold wrote:Was wondering why cucumbers terrified the cats until someone who lives where there are snakes said that they do look like snakes. Their cats ¨alarm"at the sight of a snake just like the ones on the film...

Not all cats :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwtxcWVhAWI

lol.. there is always one.. would not advise watching the vids on the side bar... gulp! You will never see cats in the same light again..Not letting my lot watch!
alan refail
KG Regular

ikmp.png
ikmp.png (139.68 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
Pa Snip
KG Regular

The one in the middle is of course Ronnie Barker

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic