"the cat did it!"

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Marigold
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:
ikmp.png

In this house I am bosscat/dog. Maybe as I am here all day most days. Sure they can boss me around at times but I have the food and the bed! Both are in great demand...sometimes it is not even cupboard love, just sheer affection... the tiny feral girl I took in is starting to trust and to accept affection but I do not altogether trust her as she has the meanest fastest left hook ever known. OUCH!
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

My cats have been rather naughty today. The first was my old cat. I had picked some baby leaves from the greenhouse and made a salad. Before I could eat it the other cat decided he wanted letting out, so whether they had colluded or not, I came back to find she was on the table licking all the mayonnaise off everything.

Then the cat I had let out disappeared and I found him several hours later fastened in the greenhouse . He had jumped on the roof and climbed in through the automatic roof vent and couldn't get out again. I'll have to leave a dish of water in case he does it when it is really hot.
Geoff
KG Regular

Your autovent opened today!
Primrose
KG Regular

I recall a holiday in Sorrento many years ago where my husband and I sat down at a small informal open air restaurant by the water's edge. There were hoards of hungry stray cats everywhere. Now I'm a total sucker for starving animals. i ordered three plates of sardines in italian. The waiter obviously thought my Italian was faulty and that I had ordered three plates of sardines by mistake instead of two and tried to correct me. No, I insisted, i we wanted three portions so he just shrugged his shoulders and disappeared. The restaurant staff went beserk when the waiter appeared with the requested three plates and I put one down on the pavement beside us for the cats. Seeing the speed at which these poor starving animals rushed over to feed made my day but the restaurant patron was obviously not happy seeing his customers feed them.
Pawty
KG Regular

If only he had thumbs.... He might be helpful then ...
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (548.95 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Cute cat. Mine has adopted the plastic tunnel cloche I've left near the potatoes as a rain shelter/ambush den.
Oakridge
KG Regular

When our daughter came to live with us she brought her staffy, Lilly, which raised the question of how things would pan out with her and our 18 year old cat, Domino. Lilly hated cats and chased them mercilessly but she hadn't met Domino. Donino's last six months were the happiest of his life. He didn't do anything, he was just there watching, poor Lilly was frightened to death of him.
Attachments
DSCF1090.JPG
DSCF1090.JPG (246.23 KiB) Viewed 3605 times
Domino.jpg
Domino.jpg (78.59 KiB) Viewed 3605 times
Pawty
KG Regular

Just found my cat happily munching my lemongrass seedlings. He's plucked most of them out of the pot ..... At least his breath smells nice now.
Westi
KG Regular

I grew cat nip just for the cats - they ignore it completely!

Gratitude hey?

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic