Bird ID?

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Stonecoloured
KG Regular

Just seen a bird on a branch, bobbing up and down. It had a grey head and wings, a yellow belly and a long thin tail. About blackbird size and just looked as if it was bouncing up and down on the tree. Occasionally it would wipe it's beak on the branch.

Does anyone know what type of bird it is?
alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And what a lovely looking bird they are.....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Stonecoloured
KG Regular

That's what it looked like! Thank you!

Now if I can only figure out what tune it was raving / bouncing to, then we'll be sorted :)
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Stonecoloured wrote:Now if I can only figure out what tune it was raving / bouncing to, then we'll be sorted :)

That's easy....it was..........................................The Birdie Song

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
alan refail
KG Regular

A nice video here from Heligan.
I have never seen one of these round here, though I do have a wall covered in Erigeron karvinskianus as in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t60h_GjgyKs
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
robo
KG Regular

We have had the same species in our garden 3 times over the last few days we have never seen them before and we have lived here since 1971 I've had my camera at the side of me for two days waiting for its next visit only another 44 years to wait
Stonecoloured
KG Regular

Thank you for the video :)
The bouncing it does as it goes into the tunnel (the 1st time) was what the one I saw was doing! :)
Monika
KG Regular

We must be lucky - we usually have a pair nesting near or in an old sluice gate in the beck just below us. It's lively to see them on the water, bobbing away. If you ever go the large Barton Grange Garden Centre on the A6 north of Preston and have a cuppa in the cafe which overlooks the small river Brock, you will often seen them on the banks and gravel islands there.
Stonecoloured
KG Regular

He(?) is loving the wheelbarrow I've got full of water.

Watched him this morning, bobbing along the side and concessionally dipping to grab grubs and lavea (think it's mosquito lavea)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic