Where is the frog spawn?

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Geoff
KG Regular

Frogs picked a strange day to put a mass of spawn in the pond - hope the predicted frost tonight doesn't happen.
Monika
KG Regular

Geoff, last spring the top of all our clumps of frog spawn was frozen hard and we still had thousands of tadpoles later! So I would not worry.
robo
KG Regular

We have only had around 5 breeding pairs up to today but the pond is full of spawn
robo
KG Regular

There is that much spawn in the pond its blocked the filter on the pump, I have never had that happen before I only fitted the new pump last night as my other packed in this morning I have had to strip the filter and hose the pump out
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I noticed that the pond was looking a bit stirred up yesterday and on closer inspection there were frogs popping up and blowing bubbles when they went down again. No spawn yet. Trust them to wake up now the weather has turned frosty.

We've also just had a large flock of Chaffinches over a dozen, which usually happens when some bad weather is coming. We normally only see two or three. The red poll and Brambling have been too which also only appear when it's cold.
Diane
KG Regular

Noticed our first two blobs of frogspawn in our pond yesterday...Spring must be coming :D
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic