Sheen Flame Gun.

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

lez
KG Regular

reference my last message that I could not remember who gave me the instructions it was Clive. cheers mate and I have been incinerating to my hearts content. glad about the safety bits aswell and I see what you mean. :D only one hedge got singed a bit. :D cheers mate.
bryanjs
KG Regular

Kev wrote:> Load the tank about 2/3rds full with paraffin, soak the wick in paraffin >and light this, leave it for about 3 minutes to heat the vapourising coil, >then pump the pressure up a few times and open the fuel supply valve a >little.
>The paraffin is vapourised into a combustible steam that sprays out >through the small jet hole, then combusts into a very controlled flame.

Alternatively for £20 and a bottle of gas buy yourself a new propane one that lights at the touch of a button!

Kev

I've inherited a Sheen 300X Flame Gun from my late father but despite pumping cannot seem to generate any pressure, hence it won't work. Can you give me any advice?
robo
KG Regular

I bought a propane gun off amazon about three weeks ago I used it three times using a bottle of gas each time it was around half an hour burning for each bottle ,I came to the conclusion I would be better using a candle and blowing gently while on my hands and knees
Westi
KG Regular

Funny Robo!

Let us know when you're attempting the candle experiment & I'll alert the appropriate services. I'm sure they will want to give you one of those nice white 'hug yourself' jackets! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Westi
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Westi ,I have already got three of them :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
peter
KG Regular

bryanjs wrote:I've inherited a Sheen 300X Flame Gun from my late father but despite pumping cannot seem to generate any pressure, hence it won't work. Can you give me any advice?

Check all the seal washers and the one in the pump on the piston.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic