sheen x300 flame gun

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

joedramm

I have just purchased an x300 Sheen flame gun unfortunately without any instructions or user guide, can anyone please help
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,

I have some instructions that came with our flame gun s/h circa 20 years ago....they are a bit thin on modern day safety notes but give the basis of the operation of the X300.

You are welcome to a set of these instructions sent via e-mail. I have them scanned already from a previous enquiry.

Contact me direct via...lincolnred[at]ic24.net

Replacing [at] with @

All the best,
Clive.
Chez
KG Regular

Hello Joe - we have up to date instructions on this -bought ours about six months ago. Can you let me know if you still need them? If so, I will hunt them out for you.
The cow is of the bovine ilk
One end is moo, the other, milk.
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Chez,

Joe contacted me via direct e-mail and I sent him a copy of the older style instructions on 15/03 so hopefully he is all set up.

I have tended to add on my own user experiences and safety notes when sending on these older instructions. The safety notes are no doubt standard on the recent type manual.??

If you hunt them down I'm sure they will prove very useful for future reference...and an interesting comparison to my antique set.

All the best,
Clive.
lez
KG Regular

I have just inherited a flame gun alas with no instructions. I would be mpst gratefull if I could possibly get a copy from you so I can be sure of what I am doing and avoid the risk of an accident.
thankyou
Chez
KG Regular

Hello lez

As I can't lay my hands on ours right now, if you can give me a day or two, I'll have a look for them for you.
The cow is of the bovine ilk
One end is moo, the other, milk.
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Lez,
If you would like to contact me direct I have a set of instructions for the X300 that I can send by return e-mail.
The instructions date from 20+ years ago when we obtained our flame gun s/h.
They are a bit thin on safety instructions as would perhaps be included in a current set but they give the required info to lighting and operation of the flame gun.

My address is; lincolnred[at]ic24.net

Replacing [at] with @

All the best,
Clive.
Tel
KG Regular

Hi All,
The machines are very simple & very effective & your advice is admirable. I would like to ask how one can seal the jet/flow tube? I have tried a softened copper washer (lead useless).
The ignited fumes piddle out of the side of the joint, don't want it but live with it. Any solutions?
Tel
KG Regular

Forgot to add,if you want any info. on Sheen, go to their website.
ian husker
KG Regular

Hi Tel. Could Gun Gum exhaust sealer be the answer to your leak. I use it for all sorts of things.It seals airtight and sets rock hard when heated up. Regards, Ian
Tel
KG Regular

Hi Ian,
Could be worth a try!
Can the seal be broken when necessary?
Cheers.
ian husker
KG Regular

Hi Tel, yes the stuff sets like cement. Just give it a tap and it will crack. Regards, Ian
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Tel,
Could you post the Sheen website address...I have previously searched for their site and could not find one. :oops:

Thank you,
Clive.
lez
KG Regular

Clive
Thankyou very much for your response though I am a dinosaugh at this e mail biz I hope you get my message cheers
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Lez,
I got your message via this forums private message system...
I have replied..including my direct e-mail address.

Please contact me by direct e-mail and I will send the info' in reply as an attachment.

All the best,
Clive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic