Hose Reels

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Geoff
KG Regular

Has anybody ever had need to buy a spare part for a hose reel?

I have a B&Q Verve own brand hose reel in the polytunnel and the mechanism that allows the pass through connection to work as the reel rotates has broken. I've searched in all sorts of different ways and not found anybody selling spare parts like this. I have emailed B&Q but no sign of a reply so far.

Any ideas?
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Geoff
There is an exploded parts view that you can see on the Hozelock site. The snag is that Hozelock's spares probably wont be cheap so might be cheaper to just buy the complete cheap version via Wilkinsons and use the part on your good reel.

Other than that a good plumbers supplier might be able to assist I guess

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Geoff
KG Regular

Thanks. I found somebody else selling spares that look like Hozelock, not a surprise really, but predictably the design is different. I've given up waiting for B&Q to respond and ordered a Karcher - at least you can usually get Karcher spares judging by my experience with my pressure washer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic