Watering / irrigation system?

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

OscarSidcup
KG Regular

Hello,

I have built 5 raised beds at the bottom of my garden and wonder if anyone has any advice with regards to installing an irrigation/watering system? There seems to be quite a lot of choice out there from different brands, so am wondering if anyone could share first hand experience in installing and using?

raised beds.jpg
raised beds.jpg (105.22 KiB) Viewed 2612 times

Thank you!

Oscar
Nature is simply amazing
Instagram: @frankinkent
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I laid the composite seeping hose pipe to my raised beds at home in the garden in 2013.
I chucked it all away today, starting to split and break up.

I also ran a normal hose out at same time and have 4 hozelock auto stop outlet connectors on it, can plug in at various points for watering. Not auto but could put a timer on if I feel the need

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
OscarSidcup
KG Regular

Thanks Pa Snip - I was wondering about these seeping pipes, so will stay clear of them. The hozelock route seems the good one to take. Have a nice day!
Oscar
Nature is simply amazing
Instagram: @frankinkent
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic