PETROL LEAF BLOWER

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

tracie
KG Regular

Hi All,

can anybody recommend a petrol leaf blower that is not too expensive!!.

Thanks

Tracie
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Hello Tracie.

I had a really bad start 12 years ago buying economy machines and eventually only ever bought high end machines which still give you starting problems occasionally but not those dreadful situations where things are falling to bit's because they're just not up to the job.

The blower I have is the only blower I ever owned, it's never failed and the only machine I ever had that didn't give me starting problems though to be honest most starting problems are down to user-error.

Mine is a Stihl blower, it's two-stroke. Very light and well made. Four stroke blowers are even more expensive, less noisy and less smelly.

I use my blower for leaves, grasses and clearing the grass from my other machines. I wouldn't be without it.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
theknopf
KG Regular

Hello, sorry for bumping this old thread. But I have the same question, and I didn't want to open a new topic about it. I am also looking for a good gas powered leaf blower. I have looked at some reviews at http://leafblowerreviews.net. Husqvarna looks good albeit expensive. Any other recommendations?
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Your choices are between four-stroke or two stroke I'm not qualified to comment on the differences though I can share some observations,

A lot of the marketing for four strokes has been aimed at emissions that contain fuel-oil when you use two stroke engines.

Do I believe their claims ?

Four stroke engines produce stuff you didn't ought to breath in.

A Local gardener who services a lot of rented properties bough four stroke machines and couldn't stop talking about the benefits then twelve months on he is back to using two stroke machines.

You just cannot trust marketing people, in fact you can't trust most people to be honest.

My advise as a long term user of machinery is to buy the very best you can afford and to avoid economy machinery unless you are prepared to be very careful with it and don't expect too much. Some economy machines are copies of high-end machines complete with claims that the engines are re-branded but the same engine. I had some experience with these machines and to be honest they worked out to be good value if you accept a few parts replacements that are usually down to consumer-neglect.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic